Regional Manager, Events, Atlantic CanadaCompany: Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Date Posted: June 19, 2017
- Looking to make the most out of your event management skills?
- Passionate about helping others and seeking to make a difference for an amazing cause?
- Seeking a role that encourages you to make unique and inventive contributions in?
- Wanting to work in a caring and collegial work environment?
If so, we would love to hear from you! The Cystic Fibrosis Canada Atlantic team is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated event manager to help us bring our community fundraising events to the next level! In addition to carrying out all logistical tasks, your key priority will be to provide our volunteers and events with excellent oversight, encouragement and support. You will work directly with all the key stakeholders, and most importantly, the cystic fibrosis family community in Atlantic Canada.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada offers a caring and collegial work environment, comprehensive benefits, an employee discount program, as well as flexible work hours.
The Regional Manager, Events is responsible for:
The areas of event promotion and marketing, sponsor relations, volunteer recruitment & participation, volunteer management and event logistics for events or initiatives in this region.
- Manage all aspects of a portfolio of fundraising events in Atlantic Canada including event logistics, committee relations, and sponsorship;
- Maintain and further develop existing annual events such as the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History, Ride for the Breath of Life, Maritime Time for a Cure, and other Regional events;
- Evaluate event performance relating to revenue and participation levels;
- Provide support to and expand participation in current chapter events;
- Investigate new opportunities for events within the region;
- Develop and evaluate event proposals, as well as provide ongoing support to various event committees by attending meetings and speaking engagements, as well as providing speaking notes and PR materials;
- Assist the Regional Executive Director in compiling operating budgets for chapter events in the Atlantic Region.
- Liaise and strengthen relationships with support groups conducting third-party fundraising events;
- Examine and develop relationships with new support groups, as well as maintaining active contact with existing partners with the assistance of the Regional Executive Director;
- Liaise with corporations to develop greater public awareness, including presentations and/or speaking engagements;
- Liaise with, cultivate, and manage new and existing relationships with the chapter volunteer network as needed.
- Develop and create event planning committees. This includes recruiting new committee members, co-chairing meetings, special arrangements as necessary, and updating committee lists;
- Ensure the committees have updated materials as necessary and/or as requested;
- Provide staff support for all committees.
- Facilitate volunteers’ work by assisting with supplies and information as needed and/or as requested.
- Be committed and live the organization’s four (4) Values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring and Teamwork);
- Incorporate CF Values into your daily responsibilities and interactions with other employees and volunteers of the organization.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in event management in a non- profit setting;
- University or post-graduate degree required;
- History of successfully implementing fundraising events;
- Experience in working with volunteers;
- Ability to identify, solicit, and steward donors and corporate sponsors;
- Good relationship builder with the ability to build trust;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Confident public speaker;
- Highly motivated, self-starter;
- Working evenings/weekends required as necessary;
- Team player, collaborative, resourceful and organized; able to multi-task in a variety of contexts;
- Strong administration and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Rasier's Edge or similar database);
- Must possess a valid driving license and a vehicle in good condition.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Regional Manager, Events, Atlantic Canada” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations. *No phone calls please.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.