Hospice Society CoordinatorCompany: Cumberland County Hospice & Palliative Care Society
Date Posted: July 21, 2017
Do you have a passion for hospice palliative care and experience with providing strategic leadership in a not for profit organization? Cumberland County Hospice & Palliative Care Society will be a place where physical, emotional, social and spiritual care is offered to clients and families in a home-like setting.
To further the mission and vision of the Cumberland County Hospice & Palliative Care Society, we are presently seeking a Hospice Society Coordinator who, under the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors, will successfully provide leadership.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our cause and dedicated to the people we help and need someone with the skills, experience and determination to join us in our mission of comfort, hope and care.
- Ensure smooth functioning of all the Society's day-to-day operations, coordinating resources to ensure implementation of services and programs.
- Preparation and management of the Society's annual operating budget including oversight of office accounting, policies and protocols in collaboration with the Board Treasurer.
- Develop and implement strategic fund development plans with grant funding requests and expense budgets that meet or exceed Society’s annual goals.
- Assist with the delivery of educational programs including the development and delivery of presentations and participation in community events.
- Assist and support the development and creation of meaningful communications and public relations materials, proposals as well as digital and social media channels while maintaining diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Carry out other related duties as may be required by the Board of Directors for the effective operation of the Society.
Qualifications & Experience
This is a leadership position and will be of interest to an individual with some or all of the following professional attributes:
- Experience in fund development with experience in annual and major gift fund programs
- Possession of post-secondary degree/diploma in a related environment
Key Competencies | Skills
- Experience in strategic planning and fund development and the ability to foster volunteer and other stakeholder relationships.
- Strategic and analytical skills and ability to deploy limited human and financial resources effectively.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity with proven participatory leadership and the ability to see ideas/projects/initiatives through to completion.
- Well organized, detail oriented, effective at follow-up and priority setting.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and expertise in proposal writing and the ability to present in public.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels.
- Flexible and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to utilize current computer applications and platforms.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to be resourceful and a self-starter. Must have the capacity and integrity to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hospice and Palliative Care Issues.
- First Aid/CPR, WHIMIS and Occupational Health & Safety Training
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and/or CFRE designation
- Valid Drivers License with clean drivers abstract
This position may involve travel throughout the province and both evening and weekend work. A background/criminal record check is mandatory.
Please send cover letter, indicating salary expectations, resume and list of 3 references by Friday August 4, 2017 to:
Attention: Wanda Trider
RBR Development Associates Ltd.
Purdy's Wharf | Tower One
Suite 1301, 1959 Upper Water Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3N2
Start date is as soon as possible. The search committee will begin to consider candidates immediately and continue until the position is filled. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.