Manager of Annual GivingCompany: Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: September 25, 2017
MANAGER OF ANNUAL GIVING
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is seeking a qualified professional to fill the role of Manager of Annual Giving.
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an integral part of the health care community in our region, ensuring that critical equipment and services are available to residents of Cape Breton. As a registered charity, every dollar raised is used to strengthen healthcare for Cape Bretoners. Since 1990, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation has raised more than $38,000,000.
The Manager of Annual Giving’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and communicate strategic annual business plans to maximize annual giving potential across a range of donor constituencies and through a variety of annual fundraising programs
- Direct and execute fundraising strategies for Radioday
- In collaboration with the Foundation team direct the Direct Mail campaigns, special events, third party special events, Memorial and Tribute and monthly donor programs.
- Manage the evaluation (using key performance indicators and sector benchmarks) of annual programs within the framework of the CBRHF annual business and strategic plan
- Recruit, lead and work with event and Foundation volunteers
- Develop, implement and enhance comprehensive fundraising strategies to retain and upgrade existing donors and acquire new donors.
- Manage a portfolio of annual relationships / accounts (minimum of 150) within an overall donor centred and integrated fundraising environment.
- Develop goals for account activity and provide monthly reports
- Assist where possible in major gift fundraising / planned giving
- Contribute in a collaborative and productive manner to Foundation-wide fundraising programs and initiatives. Work closely with Foundation colleagues to share knowledge, resources and optimize opportunities for donors.
- Manage the annual fund revenue and expense budget
- Represent the Foundation at community events where appropriate and act as spokesperson
Requirements & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work in an empowered, team-focused environment
- A thorough knowledge of fundraising / development practices and principles
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in business administration / marketing
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role in fundraising/not-for-profit, or a combination of experience and education totaling five years
- A track record of success in account management and solicitation
- Demonstrated skill to work within a complex environment at senior levels with strong capabilities in planning, organizing and managing
- Ability to work with external stakeholders and capacity to deal effectively with a wide range of relationships and situations
- Creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Local travel required
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Knowledge of research techniques
- Health care fundraising experience
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later than Wednesday, October 11th at 4:00pm.
Applications can be submitted to:
By mail: Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
45 Weatherbee Road, Suite 209
Sydney, NS B1M OA1
In person: The Foundation office on the main floor of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.