Provincial Fund Development CoordinatorCompany: The Nova Scotia SPCA
Date Posted: September 28, 2017
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Nova Scotia / Head office in Dartmouth / Some Provincial Travel Required
Job Title: Provincial Fund Development Coordinator
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: September 8, 2017
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: To be Negotiated and commensurate with experience
Terms of Employment: Maternity Leave
The Nova Scotia SPCA is recruiting a dynamic, results-oriented individual with a desire to grow professionally and able to handle a very diverse list of duties and responsibilities. The Provincial Fund Development Coordinator Position is a key member of the Nova Scotia SPCA team and is primarily responsible for the execution of a number of fundraising events with a focus on online fundraising, point of sale activities, major gift solicitation, grant & proposal writing and development of work place campaigns.
- To manage multiple fundraising activities significantly increasing return on investment.
- Support the SPCA’s fundraising efforts increasing donor and member engagement.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a donor and volunteer database
- Work collaboratively with a provincial team with varying community needs to support integrated online fundraising and third party activities.
- Develop and coordinate content for press releases.
- Development of marketing and fundraising event material as needed.
- Conduct donor research and oversee major donor data management both in‐house and external.
- Develop and coordinate prospect cultivation strategies including prospect review and strategy sessions.
- Identify and solicit new corporate and foundation partners that align with Nova Scotia’s SPCA’s core values and strategic priorities.
- Develop proposals, briefing notes, case statements, presentations, progress reports and other documents/materials in support of the cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of fundraising volunteers and support their efforts to cultivate, steward and solicit major and planned gift donations.
- Prepare gift agreements and acknowledgements, ensuring prompt, tailored, accurate thank you messages and letters, as appropriate.
- In consultation with the Development Team, plan and implement donor stewardship and communication strategy.
- Plan and implement special projects and donor recognition events.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- Proven record of success in fundraising at an intermediate level, contributing significantly to organizational development
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and work under shifting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, willing to devote energy to a project
- Excellent people skills with a professional approach to all interactions
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including: board members, volunteers and donors
- Experience working in a philanthropic environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in gift planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior volunteers.
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results.
- Valid driver’s licence and appropriate auto insurance required.
- CFRE designation an asset.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with knowledge of graphic manipulation skills an asset
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Education; a post-secondary education in marketing, public relations or a relevant field or equivalent working experience;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Animal welfare knowledge, donor and volunteer relations, special event experience, marketing and computer skills are necessary.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. The Society provides a competitive salary, benefit package and a rewarding work environment. Our office is located in Dartmouth. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our intention to start reviewing resume’s immediately and to quickly start the interview process. However, as long as this job description remains posted it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
Please quote "Provincial Fund Development Coordinator" in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however; only those selected for interview will be contacted.