Administrative Coordinator and Board LiaisonCompany: Brigadoon Village
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Brigadoon Village is a year-round, non-profit camp facility. With our partners, we deliver camp programming to children, youth and families living with health conditions and other life challenges across Atlantic Canada. Brigadoon is a place where campers come to experience new things, meet friends who are facing similar challenges, and to just be themselves. Our guiding principles lead program development: to live sustainably, to be innovative, to be environmentally mindful, to be creative, to be compassionate, to be accountable, to be accessible, to create and build partnerships, to be community –orientated, and of course, to have exceptional fun.
Brigadoon is growing and we are seeking an Administrative Coordinator and Board Liaison for our Halifax office. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position supports the Board of Directors, the Senior Management team and office staff as required. They will carry out various administrative duties to support the annual strategic and tactical outcomes, advancing the mission of Brigadoon, and to support the growth and sustainability of Brigadoon Village.
- Manages the day to day activities of Brigadoon’s Halifax office including calendars, meetings and special functions and maintains files and records and coordinates office volunteer support and project assignments
- Supports Executive Director and management team and Board of Directors by coordinating meetings of the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and committees of the Board, coordinates the macro agenda with the chair and Executive Director, records and circulates the minutes of meetings, ensures members of the Board receive appropriate documentation for meetings, and supports the orientation of new members of the Board and tracks key action items
- Provides fund development support including entry of donor information and gifts, processes donations in a timely manner ensuring good donor stewardship
- Provides back up support to the Registrar at the Village site to ensure consistency of operations and work processes
- Processes accounts receivable and payables for appropriate approval, assists accountant to ensure work processes are adhered to, assists Registrar & Administrative Coordinator in receivable collection, prepares and executes bank deposits, issues receipts for donations
- Acts as the benefits administrator for Brigadoon Staff
- Other duties as required
- Community college diploma/University degree or equivalent in Office Administration or Business Administration
- 3-5 years relevant experience in an administrative role
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge considered an asset
- Communicates clearly and confidently verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences and demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation.
- Action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and relates well to multiple stakeholders including partners, donors, and funding agents; camper families, volunteers, association and industry groups, health care professionals.
- Excels in a demanding, high-pace environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities
- Strong team player and have high personal integrity
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours/week - Some overtime will be required – including occasional evenings and weekends.
Join our growing team! Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations, by February 28, 2018. Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please demonstrate in your application how you meet the above qualifications.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer or will result in termination of your employment. Checks may include one or all of the following checks: Reference / Employment Verification, Criminal Background, and Education.
To apply for this position, please email with position title in the subject line to: email@example.com
Brigadoon Village is an equal opportunity employer.