Manager, Campaign GiftsCompany: Brigadoon Village
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Brigadoon Village is a year-round, non-profit camp facility. With our partners, we deliver camp programming to children, youth and families living with health conditions and other life challenges across Atlantic Canada. Brigadoon is a place where campers come to experience new things, meet friends who are facing similar challenges, and to just be themselves. Our guiding principles lead program development: to live sustainably, to be innovative, to be environmentally mindful, to be creative, to be compassionate, to be accountable, to be accessible, to create and build partnerships, to be community –orientated, and of course, to have exceptional fun.
Brigadoon Village is seeking a seasoned, passionate, high performing fundraising professional to join their team as a Manager, Campaign Gifts. Reporting to the Director of Development and working very closely with a volunteer campaign team, this professional will be one of Brigadoon’s key relationship managers responsible for the execution and management of Brigadoon’s next major gift campaign. The Manager, Campaign Gifts will work closely with Brigadoon’s leadership team to achieve ambitious major gift campaign goals and strategic priorities. Critical to the Manager, Campaign Gift’s role will be to identify, qualify and solicit major gift donors. This individual will have a proven track record in securing major gifts.
- Implement and manage a $12M capital campaign. Overall management including campaign timeline, prospect pipeline, research, tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of all timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to use effective moves management strategies with prospective and current donors, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Lead volunteer campaign team in their identification, cultivation and solicitation efforts including regular meetings;
- Establish solicitation priorities, develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of major donor prospects;
- Manage campaign record keeping, evaluate progress towards goal, prepare monthly and quarterly fundraising reports;
- In conjunction with Marketing and Communications Officer; manage the writing and development of campaign print and electronic collateral materials, solicitation proposals, presentations and speaking points, and solicitation prep for Board members, campaign volunteers and staff;
- In conjunction with Admin Support, oversee acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements; ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files;
- With support from Marketing and Communications Officer, ensure donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition, as appropriate;
- Understand that these efforts are laying the groundwork for innovative programming enhancements and sustainable funding for Brigadoon Village;
- Other duties as required
- We are seeking a seasoned, responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy. Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically capital campaigns and major gift fundraising is required.
- The successful candidate will be a highly-organized relationship manager, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills are essential. Candidates should have a high level of computer literacy, experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred along with other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information, and possess exceptional teamwork & interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five years of major gift fundraising experience.
- A passion for achieving Brigadoon Village’s vision of giving extraordinary kids a chance to be ordinary. A desire to deliver on our mission of passionately transforms the lives of Atlantic Canadian children and youth living with health conditions and other life challenges to help them reach their full potential through experiential learning, meaningful connections, and exceptional fun.
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours/week - Some overtime will be required – including occasional evenings and weekends.
This role is based out of Brigadoon’s Halifax office, with occasional travel to visit, cultivate and steward prospective and existing donors.
Join our growing team! Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations, by February 28, 2018 (please merge your cover letter and resume into one document). We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please demonstrate in your application how you meet the above qualifications.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer or will result in termination of your employment. Checks may include one or all of the following checks: Reference / Employment Verification, Criminal Background, and Education.
To apply for this position, please email with position title in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brigadoon Village is an equal opportunity employer.