Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement CoordinatorCompany: JDRF
Date Posted: February 12, 2018
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a passionate and driven relationship-builder to fill the role of Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator. This position is based out of our Bedford office and will support JDRF’s fundraising initiatives throughout Nova Scotia.
As an integral part of the JDRF team, you would be responsible for driving peer-to-peer fundraising activity for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, as well as engaging those living with T1D. As a passionate ambassador for JDRF, you would steward existing accounts and engage new volunteers, families, event participants, and organizations.
Some of the key accountabilities of the Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator will include:
- Achieving and exceeding fundraising targets
- Implementing best practices in peer to peer fundraising to increase participation and event revenue
- Inspiring, motivating and stewarding a portfolio of fundraisers
- Identifying and developing strategic key account volunteers to optimize event participation
- Balancing prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development
- Co-developing and executing stewardship and recognition events for JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and Revolution Ride to Cure Diabetes participants
- Support the organizing and carrying out of 3rd party events in Nova Scotia
- Managing JDRF social media profiles in Nova Scotia (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Engaging those living with T1D and their families to promote JDRF programs
- Collaborating with Regional Corporate Engagement and Event Experience teams to achieve overall event objectives
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree combined with 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising or sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with stakeholders, including but not limited to, volunteers, donors and T1D families
- Customer-service focused, collaborative, and strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative to independently problem solve
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
Interested applicants can submit their application through our careers portal at JDRF.ca