Manager of Annual GivingCompany: Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlantic
Date Posted: January 31, 2018
Ronald McDonald House Charities® Atlantic (RMHC Atlantic) helps families with sick children stay together and near the medical care they need. Our programs include Ronald McDonald House® in Halifax, a “home-away-from-home” for out of town families with sick children, and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms® in Halifax and Moncton, an oasis of calm and support inside the hospital. Last year alone, we served more than 2,200 families from across the Maritimes through our House and Family Room programs. For more information, visit rmhatlantic.ca
The Manager of Annual Giving will play a critical role in helping RMHC Atlantic achieve its ambitious fundraising goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program including developing and implementing initiatives to grow and diversify fundraising revenues. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of donors as well as the Adopt a Room program, Community Champions initiative, direct response program and sponsorships greater than $10,000.
This is a full time position responsible for managing a team of two Development Officers and one part-time Donor Database Administrator. The position reports to the Director of Development.
- Establish annual giving goals for all revenue portfolios and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals
- Oversee donor relations program as well as all aspects of the organization’s donor database
- Assist the development team in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with assigned prospects (corporate, foundations and individuals)
- Responsible for ongoing activities including prospect identification, research, cultivation, proposal writing, donor recognition, stewardship and volunteer management. The position is also involved in the planning and execution of special events, including sponsorship solicitation and event logistics
Skills and Experience
- Optimistic | Resilient | Motivated | Creative | Intuitive | Resourceful | Flexible
- Experience in various fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation, online giving, third party fundraising and direct response
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administration and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge)
- Strategic thinker and decision maker
- Strong managerial, leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability to optimize volunteer resources
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge of donor prospecting, cultivation and stewardship
- Analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify high pay-off activities and prioritize them
- An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, partners, volunteers, sponsors and donors
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work nights and weekends, as required
- Ten years of fundraising experience with proven track record
- Three years of management experience
- Strong understanding of CRA Guidelines
- Familiarity with online donation platforms and Blackbaud products an asset
- A current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry are conditions of employment
- Valid driver’s license
If you are interested and qualified, we invite you to submit a letter of introduction and resume to Lori Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org All responses will be handled with strict confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.